Tuesday, January 8, 2013

New Years Resolutions

As promised, here are my ten new year's resolutions. I know what you're thinking. Ten? Tanner, I can't even do ONE new year's resolution, let alone TEN. Well, nobody said it would be easy, but that's what the new year is all about: Challenging yourself! So without further adieu, here are my ten resolutions for this new year - 2013.


10. Eat less Ramen Noodles - It seems like almost every day this semester, I would come home from class, and without hesitation, cook myself a big bowl of Ramen Noodles! Sure, they're delicious, but eating them everyday can contribute to the dreaded freshman 15, and I'm almost halfway there :( So I pledge to only eat Ramen Noodles sparingly (Ugh, my stomach is already growling just typing that!)

9. Exercise every day - Remember one of my blog posts a couple months ago when I said I was going to start exercising everyday? Um, yeah, that didn't happen....But now it's a new year, and I want to get fit. There are a lot of pretty girls on campus, and they seem to go for the guys who work out a lot. I bet if I work out everyday I can ask one of the girls to be my girlfriend. This will help me get into parties!

8. Be nicer to my little brother Trent - Being away at school for a few months really made me miss my family, in particular, my little brother Trent. Trent always gets on my nerves. He's ALWAYS pestering me and trying to hang out with me. Um, Trent, you're only 13, why would I want to hang out with a stupid 13 year old? Me and my friends are trying to play Halo - leave us alone! Go watch Power Rangers or play with Legos or something? Well, that's how I used to feel, anyway. I've realized that Trent just really looks up to me, and it's important for me to set a good example so that he can grow up to be a cool guy like me. Trent, love you buddy! It's been great hanging out with you over break and I'm gonna miss you! I can't wait until you're old enough to come hang out at OU. You'll love it!

7. Learn to play guitar! - Caleb promised me last semester that he would teach me a thing or two on guitar, and I think I'm gonna take him up on this generous offer. Pretty soon, you'll be calling me Tanner Hendrix LOL! I wonder what song I'll learn first. Back in Black by AC/DC? Smoke on the Water? Iron Man? Either way, look for me on the cover of Rolling Stone magazine soon (jk).

6. Play less Angry Birds - ever since I got my new smart phone, all I ever do is play Angry Birds. I can't help it! It's sooooo addicting. But I definitely realize that there are more important things that I should be doing with my time....like studying!!!!

5. Study more - Maybe all the time that I take away from eating Ramen Noodles and playing Angry Birds I can put toward studying. What do ya think? I got decent grades last semester, but I know I can always do better! Work hard, play hard, Brad always tells me. AMEN! And with Accounting 101 on my schedule, I'm going to need to do A LOT of studying this semester.

4. No more taking the escalator up Jeff Hill - This kind of goes hand in hand with number 9. This should be tough. Walking up Jeff Hill is so tiring! Sometimes I just can't take it and I use the escalator in Glidden (One of the great secrets of OU). I figure if I'm trying to avoid the dreaded freshman 15 (the 15 pounds that freshman often gain) I should just walk up Jeff Hill.

3. Take it easy during Bengals games - It seems like every time Who Dey Nation steps on the field, I just can't contain myself. I start going crazy and chanting "Here we go Bengals, here we go!" Some of my friends actually think I was a Bengal tiger in my past life and that's why I'm such a crazy fan! I'm going to try and tone it down this year and just enjoy the games. It's not good for me to get so wild during games, especially when they lose.

2. Find more awesome music - Last semester, my life was changed when I started to listening to indie music. Discovering bands like Mumford and Sons, The Shins, O.A.R. and The Kings of Leon really changed my perspecitive on music. I encourage everyone to try and find music that isn't on the radio. There's some really good stuff out there. Here's an alternative music video


1. Live life to the fullest - College has really changed my perspective and made me realize how much there is out there in the world. So what's the point in feeling down in the dumps all the time when you should be out there living your life? Go for an adventure, try some new food, go mountain climbing (but be careful!), ask out your crush, do a crazy dance, sing, BE YOURSELF! No matter what life throws at you, go with it and do your best! Nobody's stopping you!

So there you have it. Be sure to post your new years resolutions below. I'll pick out my favorite ones and feature them in my next post!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment