Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Wednesday Update- Tanner style

Hey what's up blog readers?  College has been a lot of fun so far.  My rommate is a really cool guy.  His name is Yi, and he's from Taiwan.  We both really like watching Family Guy.  My favorite character is Stewie, his is Brian.  The other night, Yi laughed so hard at a Peter Griffin joke that milk came out of his nose!  I couldn't believe it!  We eat a LOT of Ramen noodles in our room (lol were so poor. Student loans= UGH!).  Oh yeah, and Yi has a Mac, which he sometimes lets me use so I can mess around with Garage Band.  Who knows?  Maybe I'll produce a song on the radio one day LOL.  The only problem I've been having with Yi is that he snores REALLY LOUD.  At first, I couldn't take it.  I didn't sleep much those first few nights, but then my R.A., Brad, gave me some ear plugs.

R.A. stands for Resident Assistant.  That's Brad.  Brad is one of the coolest guys I've ever met, and definitely the coolest I've met so far at school.  He's the undergraduate president of Young Life and he invited me to their first meeting of the semester next week!  I'm pretty nervous, but Brad says I'll fit right in.  I sure hope so!  Brad's a marine biology major- how sick is that?  He says that he plans to one day work for the Discovery Channel filming sharks!  There's nothing standing in his way!  (Though you'd never catch me doing that.  Duh Dum...Duh Dum...Duh Dum [that's the Jaws theme song. Tough to type out])  Brad's been really great about helping me adapt to the college lifestyle.  I asked him how he manages to balance all his activities with his school work, and he told me the key is to prioritize what's most important and to not procrastinate. I want to pass this advice on to all my readers, especially those who are just getting started in college or will be in the next couple years.  Brad also showed me this really cool indie film called "Pulp Fiction."  There was a lot of cussing in it, but it was still really cool! He says he has a lot more cool movies that he can show me.  Looks like I'll need to buy some more popcorn :b

I've got Psych class in ten minutes, so I g2g.  (Maslow's Hierarchy?  BORE-ING)  Don't worry though, I didn't forget the question of the day- If you could be any animal, what would you be?


Oh, sorry what's that?  You want another cat meme?  LOL here ya go you goofballs.

Peace. Love. College.




3 comments:

  1. Asian roommates, am I right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Willedurmom, thanks for the comment! Though I'm not sure I follow :%

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey man, looks like you're having a good time so far in your freshman year! :)
    have you gone out to any CRAZY parties yet???! ;) :)

    ReplyDelete