Friday, November 30, 2012

Dining Hall = Snack time!


Hey guys!  So I had my first dining hall experience today.  Haha I'm such a noob. So many options!  They offer pizza, cheeseburgers, Mexican, plus plenty of healthy options like salads and Go-gurt (Gotta be careful with those, they can get messy)  College Tip: Be careful with portion control, or you might put on the dreaded "Freshman 15." The “Freshman 15” is what everyone calls the 15 pounds that a lot of people add to their body mass during their freshman year of college, hence “Freshman 15.”  I hope I don’t put on the “Freshman 15,” because that’ll make it hard to get laid, which I'm told is essential for street cred.  Brad says the best way to avoid the “Freshman 15” is to go to the Rec center as often as I can.  Ugh.  I HATE working out.  Gym class was always my least favorite in high school, and I thought that going to college would mean no more of that.  I guess it’s for the best.  I’m planning on making a routine where I exercise every other day.  Brad said he can help spot me if I ever want to do bench pressings.  Sounds pretty tough, but it’d be kind of cool to have big muscles like the  the Bengals D-line (Who Dey Nation!!!). 

Now, I probably shouldn’t be ranting about this on the internet, but I’ve been so frustrated about it lately that I’m practically pulling my hair out!  My plant bio teacher (who's name I've chosen to keep anonymous) is driving me insane!  He makes us read these 30 page readings almost every night!  I’m practically living at the library during the week, and I even spent last Friday night at the library (NERD ALERT HAHAHA). J  And after all that work, I got a 68% on my first quiz.  My parents we’re so mad when they heard this.  “What have you been doing down there?  You need to spend your time more wisely and focus on your studies.”  Hello?  I have been!  Parents just don’t understand sometimes!  Ugh!  It’s tough to get mad at them though.  My mom sent me a care package the other day with some playing cards and a couple bags of Baked Lays.  (Barbeque style- boo ya grandma!)  And my dad told me if I get above a 3.0 my freshman year, he’ll help pay for an apartment uptown next year!  I can’t imagine Yi and I living uptown.  Too bad Brad’s graduating, or he could be our third roommate.  Now THAT sounds like trouble lol jk.

Well, thanks to Professor I’m-a-loser-and-I-take-it-out-on-my-students, I have to stop blogging and go to the library.  Photosynthesis…yay (sarcasm).  So here’s the question of the day: Who’s your favorite hip-hop/R&B artist?  Mine’s Nelly (Undelay undelay mama E-I, E-I, Oh Ohhhhhh).  Thanks for all the comments everyone.  Your feedback means a lot.  I hope you’re all learning a little something about what it means to be a college freshman- I sure am! 

Almost forgot.  My blog has been super popular in McKinnon Hall- so popular, that I've inspired some other bloggers. A really funny guy named Clarence from room 307 has decided to make a vlog, which is like a video blog.  I wish I had the guts to get in fron of the camera like him.  Check it out, ya'll!



Cat meme time!


2 comments:

  1. Hey, Tanner! I hope you are having a wonderful freshman year at THEE Ohio University! I am an alumni of that great school. Keep em coming and keep on workin hard o get your grades up! Ask for extra credits!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wait do they still have the potato bar? It was SPUDtacular!!!!!

    ReplyDelete