Saturday, December 1, 2012

Campus confusion- all part of the college experience!


Wow, this campus is confusing.  Brad told me on day one that I shouldn’t walk around looking at a map because everyone will think I’m a freshman, but I can’t help it.  East Green, West Green, South Green- can a guy get a compass? On Tuesdays, I have class at Morton…followed directly by a class at Bentley.  Um, okay?   So how, exactly, am I supposed to get from Morton to Bentley in less than ten minutes?  With my jetpack?  Oh I know, I’ll just teleport there.  Yeah right.  And I tried explaining to my professors, but they just wouldn’t cut me any slack.  Oh, and did I mention, the whole walk is UPHILL.  As if things couldn’t possibly get any worse.

Okay, I’m sorry, I kind of went off there.  Things aren’t so bad, I guess.  Part of being in college is realizing that you’re going to have a lot of ups and downs.  You just need to keep our chin up and move on.  Like Brad always tells me “cheer up.”  I certainly cheered up earlier today when I went over to Caleb’s room.  Caleb got a new Bob Marley poster in his room!  It’s a picture of Bob Marley smoking a marijuana cigarette.  Caleb also bought a “drug rug” which is a really cool sweater made of hemp. 



Caleb says that hemp is good for the environment and the economy.  Turns out he’s right!  Caleb’s playing an open mic night at a coffee shop next week.  He’s going to cover “You’re Body is a Wonderland” by John Mayer, “Smells Like Teen Spirit” by Nirvana and play an original that he wrote after his uncle passed.  I told him I’ll be there. (I’m planning on shouting “Free Bird” after his last song.  I bet he’ll get a kick out of that.) 

Question of the day: What’s your favorite player in the NBA?

meow


1 comment: