Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Merry Christmas (From Tanner)

Well, my faithful blog readers, it's the best time of year again (or should I say "It's the most wonderful time of the year" lol). The season of giving. Christmas. The greatest holiday in the world (sorry Thanksgiving! Please don't be mad at me - I still love you!). And while it's easy to get carried away with Christmas shopping and all the cool presents we might be receiving (Sons of Anarchy season 3 blu-ray - fingers crossed), it's important to remember the real reason for this holiday - the birth of our lord Jesus Christ. In remembrance of JC, it's important to put others before yourself on this very special time of year. Be sure to hug your loved ones and let them know how much they mean to you. Give a gift to a friend or family member that you normally don't give one to. You know those salvation army guys outside of the grocery store? Help em out! There are less fortunate people who can't afford christmas presents. Remember these brave souls during the holiday season.

Without further adieu here are my top six favorite things about the holiday season

6. Egg nog - Nothing tastes like Christmas more than a little bit of this sweet north pole nectar!

5. 24 hours of a Christmas story - If you've never seen this holiday classic, shame on you. It's about a kid named Ralphie, and all he wants for Christmas is a Red Ryder B.B. gun ("you'll shoot your eye out kid" lol). The only problem? No one else thinks it's safe. This masterpiece gets played for 24 consecutive hours from Christmas eve until Christmas day on TBS, so be sure to check it out.

4. Other Christmas movies- Elf, How the Grinch stole Christmas, Home Alone (I'm partial to Lost in NY, but they're both rad), The Santa Claus. Oh yeah, did I forget to mention, JINGLE ALL THE WAY!!! Arnold Schwarzenegger is the greatest dad in the world (next to mine of course. LOL love you dad! Hope you're reading this!) So many Xmas classics, so little time.

3. Family- Family. Is. Everything. Any questions? Nope? Good.

2. Aunt Margaret's House - Every Christmas Eve, my family goes to my Aunt Margaret's for a nice holiday get together. I love getting to see all my little cousins (they're getting so big! Madison is already in the 5th grade!) and hearing my Uncle John's stories. He always has the craziest and funniest stories, like the one time he dressed up as Santa Claus for church on Christmas Eve!

1. Christmas Music - Have a holly jolly christmas, have the best time of the year. Haha I wish I could sing it for all my readers. Who doesn't love Christmas music? Anyone who doesn't is just a big scrooge.

Anyway, gotta go spread the holiday cheer!. Here's my cousin Omar singing to the birthday boy.






No comments:

Post a Comment