Thursday, December 13, 2012

The F-word

So I've been getting TONS of people asking me "Hey Tanner, why haven't you posted in almost a week?  Hey Tanner, what have you been up to?  Hey Tanner, what gives, dude?" Well, I'll tell you what I've been up to.  The F-word.  No, not that F word (not on this blog, anyway).  The F-word I'm referring to is FINALS.

As you saw in my last post, I've been VERY stressed out over finals.  I mean, how could you not be?  4 months of material in a 2 hour test - who do they think I am, Albert Einstein or something?  My parents are going to absolutely FREAK when they see my grades. This should be a really fun winter break considering I won't be allowed to play Gamecube AT ALL, I won't be able to have friends sleepover, I DEFINITELY won't be able to go over to Arjun's house for the Bengals games, and my Christmas list will probably be cut IN HALF.  Maybe I'm being pessimistic.  I guess we'll just have to wait and see what my grades are like.

But I'll stop being such a downer.  How could I complain after my first semester in college?  I've had the time of my life, and I can't wait to spend 4 more years there (or 5 lol!).  I've met some truly amazing people, and I just want to take this post to thank them.  Yi, you've been a totally kickbutt roommate. I remember the first day when we both moved in and we couldn't get your T.V. stand up the steps.  You kept falling down on the stairs and mumbling cuss words to your self lmfao.  I couldn't believe it! But then we got everything moved in and you let me have one of your monster energy drinks. I knew we we're gonna be friends right then and there. I hope you have an awesome break in Taiwan. tîeow hâi sà-nùk!

Caleb - You, my friend, rock. I've never heard anyone shred the guitar like you. Sometimes when you sing, I close my eyes and think Dave Matthews is in the room.  You're THAT good. You're earring is really cool (wish I could pull it off. No wonder you have a gf!) and I think it's totally cool how open you are with me about your uncle passing a few years back. I've never heard anyone open up like that. I know it's hard, but you're one of the strongest guys I know, and you're someone who we're going to be seeing on VH1 someday. Oh yeah, and you introduced me to the Mumford and Sons, the best bluegrass band in the world.

Brad- wow.  I don't know how I would have survived my first semester without my awesome R.A. You truly are one of the most radical guys I know. I mean, how many people do you know who ride mountain bikes AND write poetry? Anyone? Anyone? That's right, only Brad. You've shown me so many cool movies (Pulp Fiction, Goodfellas, Scarface, Juno) and given me so many good pointers about college (ex: Tuesday night is the least crowded time to do laundry.  Grab n' Go gives you more chicken after 10 pm, etc.) Most importantly, you've taught me what it means to be myself. My first couple weeks, I was a nervous wreck.  I didn't have any friends, didn't have anyone to talk to, and didn't even know the best spots in the dining hall (NW corner, Nelson, next to the Deli - always open seats and a really chill environment.) I know that, in you, I've found a lifelong friend.  I'm gonna be bummed out when you graduate in the Spring (If you pass O-Chem....HAHAH lmfao I know you'll pass you're a hard worker).  We'll always stay in touch though.  Even if you are off in the Pacific filming sharks, which I know you will be - good things come to those who wait.  Hmmmm, I wonder where I heard that one.  From you, Brad!

Obviously, I can't sit here all night and write a paragraph on every amazing person I've met this semester, or I'd be up for days! I've made so many amazing friends this semester, and I'm so thankful for all of you.  Max, you're easily the best broomball goalie I've ever played with, Stacy, you're such a cool lab partner (even if you're always 10 minutes LATE hahaha jk), Brock, you're weight-lifting videos are really inspirational, Andre, I know, I just KNOW you're rap album is going to be huge (but only if you give me a guest first... Tanner Bliz-ake in the HIZOUSE!!!), and Professor Moody, you're lectures are redefining what it means to LOL.  

Most importantly, thanks to all my blog readers. I never would have thought in a gajillion years (is that even a real number???) that I would be getting this many blog hits (almost 2,600).  After a few weeks of college, I had a vision to write the most killer blog on the web, and while it might not be quite there yet, I'm still pretty darn proud. I'll be sure to keep everyone up to date with my holiday season (If I don't post on December 25th, it'll be because Santa DIDN'T get me an iPhone, jk I don't believe in Santa) so sayonara suckers!

Be sure to like my facebook page http://www.facebook.com/TannersFreshmanYearBlog

And follow me on twitter @TannerBlakeOU

Question of the day: What was the chillest fest this semester?



No comments:

Post a Comment