Thursday, December 6, 2012

Tanner- The Working Man


Hey guys, if you didn't notice, I managed to make a twitter account (@tannerblakeOU) and a facebook page (http://www.facebook.com/TannersFreshmanYearBlog) Check it out before the cops bust us for partying to hard (world wide web style suckas!)

Guess what?  I got a job!  I’ll be making submarine sandwiches at the Grab and Go marketplace.  Do you want lettuce with that? lol!  I’ve never worked at a deli before, though I was a waiter at an Eat n’ Park back home for a year, and I did pretty well (except for the time I showed up late and my boss made me stay and do dishes. UGH.).  I go in for training next week, and then I’ll be working the morning shift on Monday’s and Wednesdays, as if I wasn't ALREADY sleep deprived! Oh well, at least I’ll have a little extra spending money now for the hookah bar. 

The Pyramids Hookah Bar has been my favorite hangout on weekends as of late.  Caleb took me there after his show the other weekend (I’ll give my review of it in a minute).  Hookah is kind of like smoking weed but you don’t trip, it’s not illegal and it isn't a gateway drug.  You get this big bong thing with a bunch of hoses coming out of it, and you take turns hitting it.  You have to hold in the smoke as long as you can or else you won’t be doing it right.  We like to listen to good music when we hookah.  Caleb plays a lot of indie rock and reggae jam bands like O.A.R and Dave Matthews.  It’s a good time and the people there are really chill.  The one guy who works there spent his summer in Africa helping children.  Pretty neat, huh?

Caleb’s show was, for lack of a better word, AMAZING! He killed John Mayer’s “Your Body is a Wonderland” and his version of “Smells like Team Spirit” was better than the original. A lot of people showed up, including his girlfriend Alyssa, who drove all the way from Akron just to see him play!  Caleb closed with the song he wrote about his uncle who recently passed.  It was very moving and people held up their lighters for it.  I don’t have a lighter, so I used my cell phone lol.

Here's a video I recorded of Caleb's cover of "Smells like Team Spirit."  Enjoy (sorry for the shaky camera I was dancing a little too much lol!)


Question of the Day: Smells like Team Spirit- Caleb's version or Nirvana's???






8 comments:

  1. pretty cool cover of Calebs tribute

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey tanner do you think when I come by the grab and go you can hook me up with a fat sandwich?!!?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You haven't worked at a Deli before? Then why does your resume say you did?
    Tanner, one of the most important things you're gonna learn in college is you have to be honest. I know it's important to have work experiences to put on you resume, but its more important to be honest. I would suggest revising your resume to give a more honest look at your work experience.
    I'm not mad though lol. Just trying to set you up on the right path.

    --RA Brad

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tanner, don't listen to Brad. If I wouldn't have lied on my resume and said I had "experience" with first aid and had social skills, I wouldn't have gotten the job.

    #youcanthandlethetruth

    ReplyDelete
  5. bill roach is a nerd

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lol Cindy. If you don't watch out I'm gonna have to report you to RD Julie ;) =).

    You coming to Young Life tonite? hope to see you there.

    (PS all the grown ups might be hitting up Court Street after. Oh it's a weekday? WHOOPS.) Haha so good being 21..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Tanner,

    When are you going to pay up from the pool game at baker the other day? By pool i mean billiards. Me and some of the guys may get a case on saturday so i need the cash.

    LL

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ugh, okay, I should've specified. I washed dishes at Evan's Deli, I never served food. COMPLETELY different experiences.

    ReplyDelete